Graphitized and carbon products have excellent performance, are increasingly used, and the production capacity and benefits are growing rapidly. In 2011, China's graphite and carbon products industry developed rapidly. Enterprises in the industry have higher management and control ability for cost and expense, and have stronger profitability. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, in 2011, China's graphite and carbon products industry achieved a total industrial output value of 167.564 billion yuan; realized sales income of 167.765 billion yuan, an increase of 40.58%; total profit of 10.759 billion yuan, an increase of 50.87%. With the continuous promotion of applications, the competition in China's graphite and carbon products industry is becoming increasingly fierce.
There are more enterprises of graphite and carbon products above the scale of China, and the concentration is low. As of the end of 2011, China's above-scale graphite and carbon products enterprises reached 871, and the top 10 sales revenues accounted for only 13.46% of the industry's total sales revenue. From the development trend and competition pattern of the world graphite and carbon products market, in the future, China's graphite and carbon products industry will gradually concentrate on large groups, and the concentration of graphite and carbon products industry will further increase.
Generally, graphite products have the following classifications:
A. Graphite electrode
It mainly uses petroleum coke and needle coke as raw materials, coal tar pitch as binder, which is made by calcination, compounding, kneading, pressing, roasting, graphitization and machining. It is to discharge electric energy in the form of electric arc in electric arc furnace. The conductors that are heated and melted can be classified into ordinary power, high power, and ultra high power according to their quality indicators. Graphite electrodes include:
(1) Ordinary power graphite electrode. It is allowed to use graphite electrodes with a current density lower than 17A/cm2, which are mainly used in ordinary power electric furnaces such as steel making, silicon refining, and yellowing phosphorus.
(2) Anti-oxidation coated graphite electrode. The surface is coated with a graphite electrode with an anti-oxidation protective layer to form a protective layer which is both electrically conductive and resistant to high temperature oxidation, and reduces electrode consumption during steel making.
(3) High power graphite electrode. Graphite electrodes with a current density of 18 to 25 A/cm 2 are allowed, and are mainly used in high-power electric arc furnaces for steel making.
(4) Ultra high power graphite electrode. A graphite electrode with a current density greater than 25 A/cm 2 is allowed. Mainly used in ultra high power steelmaking electric arc furnaces.
It mainly uses petroleum coke as raw material, coal asphalt as binder, and is made by calcination, compounding, kneading, pressing, roasting, impregnation, graphitization and machining. It is generally used as a conductive anode for electrolysis equipment in the electrochemical industry. Includes:
(1) Various anode plates for chemical industry.
(2) Various anode rods.
C. Special graphite
Mainly based on high-quality petroleum coke, coal tar pitch or synthetic resin as binder, raw material preparation, compounding, kneading, tableting, pulverizing, kneading, forming, multiple firing, multiple infiltration, purification and graphitization, Made by machining. Generally used in the aerospace, electronics, nuclear industry sectors.
It includes spectrally pure graphite, high purity, high strength, high density and pyrolytic graphite.
D. graphite heat exchanger
An impervious graphite product for heat exchange prepared by processing artificial graphite into a desired shape and then impregnating and solidifying with a resin, which is a heat exchange device processed by artificially impermeable graphite as a matrix, mainly Used in the chemical industry. Includes:
(1) a block-hole heat exchanger;
(2) a radial heat exchanger;
(3) falling film heat exchanger;
(4) Column tube heat exchanger.